Friday, April 11, 2008

Showing off

Hey, here's my new shirt! I love it!



Review on PatternReview to come...these will be the same pictures that I will use in the review. Overall, a very easy pattern. Plenty of ease so not a whole lot of fitting issues.

One of the things I love about my hobby is that I can change my mind :) I was going to make another top but I had a brainstorm tonight and decided to make this Vogue 8229 dress instead. From this fabric, at the right.


Isn't it fabulous? It has tiny black polka dots with a border of vinyl appliqued flowers.











I bought it in NYC at PR weekend about a year and a half ago. It's been gently aging in the stash ever since. But I digress. I'm going to see a musical next weekend with some friends and I wanted to wear something nice. I bought the above Vogue pattern last weekend and thought to myself, hey, if I sew like a fiend over the next week, I can wear that dress to the show! Looking through the stash, this fabric just popped out at me...it's perfect for that pattern! (I'm going to have to do something creative about the flowers. I won't be able to sew through them easily. ) So I for the past two hours tonight, I had a marathon of pressing the fabric, then cutting out and pressing the pattern, then laying out the pattern on the fabric and finally, cutting out the pattern. I just finished cutting out the interfacing for the neckband and armholes. Tomorrow, I will start sewing it. I will literally have to sew every night so that the dress will be ready in time. I have a beautfiul black wrap that will go very nicely with the dress. I'm sew excited!

1 comment:

Connie B said...

Please finish(or start!) that white/black dress- I bought that fabric too in NYC and am trying to figure out what to do with it. Ann (Gorgeous Things) made a dress for her niece last year, but I would like to try something for myself. The teal top looks great.