Monday, March 24, 2008

Muslin completed!

I've finished the muslin for the Kwik Sew Bias cut dress...or close enough to completion that I can figure out what needs to be fixed. I need to make my standard sway back adjustment...above the waist like I always do. I also need to take out some length above the bust...maybe an inch total. The front of the armholes also cut into my skin when I reach forward...that may be fixed when I take out that length above the bust. If it's still a problem (or worse), I'll have to widen the front armscye by about 1/4-1/2". I used a cotton fabric (actually, another old sheet) for the lining...this dress needs a real lining fabric...i.e. something that is thin and slippery. The cotton adds a bit too much body to the dress and it kind of catches on the fashion fabric.

But the above are all really very minor things. The fit on this dress is quite good..and because of the bias, it is easy to get it on and off. A real plus for me!

No comments: